This is my first travel gnome, Bradellina. He was adopted by my former roommate and current friend, Abby, from a Goodwill in our college town. He was obviously male because of the beard, yet obviously female because of the eyes. So we named him/her Bradellina. There's more of a reason for that, but I don't think it's safe to go into that story here. Abby and I used to hide him/her around our apartment for each other to find. I remember one time I came home really late, and I believe after being gone on a mission trip for a week, and I laid down in bed and immediately felt something hard under my pillow. I thought something had died there and hardened. Yet I still reached my hand in to find out what it was. Thankfully, it was this little guy, here pictured on the first day of our epic roadtrip around the United States (which you can read about more
here).
And here's a profile shot of Original Pete, the car version. He got us to all of the continental 48 states, some of them more than once. Sadly I had to sell him a few months after we returned home because I moved to New York City. But hopefully he's making someone else's dreams come true now.
No comments:
Post a Comment